Personal Data Handling and Information Security Policy Statement
January 1, 2021
Acromove Inc. is committed to promoting and protecting the privacy rights of individuals as enumerated in The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and other state and federal laws, in so far as those regulations apply to Acromove Inc. It is the policy of Acromove Inc. to limit the collection and safeguard the privacy of personal
information we collect or maintain.
We follow these principles in collecting and managing personal information:
- We collect personal information on individuals only as allowed by law. We limit the collection of personal information to what is relevant and necessary to accomplish a lawful purpose of conducting normal business. For example, we may need to know someone’s address, telephone number and social security number, among other things, to properly identify the person before issuing an invoice. Personal information, as defined in the Information Practices Act, is information that identifies or describes an individual including, but not limited to, name, Social Security or EIN number, business or home address, business or home telephone number, and email addresses.
- We do not collect home, business or e-mail addresses, or account information from persons who simply browse our Internet website. Acromove Inc. collects personal information about individuals through our website only if an individual provides such information to us voluntarily through forms or surveys. The information that Acromove automatically collects includes the domain name or Internet Protocol address that relates to the machine used to access Acromove Inc.’s website, the type of browser and operating system used, the date and time when the website is visited, web pages displayed, and any forms that are uploaded.
- We use Google Analytics, Zoho Analytics, and other tools to help improve our website. Acromove Inc. uses Google Analytics and Zoho Analytics to help understand how visitors interact with our website so that the site can be improved. You can read Google’s security and privacy policies for Google Analytics. You can chose not to have your data used by Google Analytics by downloading their opt-out browser add-on. Zoho’s privacy policies are detailed here, https://www.zoho.com/privacy.html.
- We may use session cookies in some areas of our website to improve the overall usability of the site. Cookies are small text files placed on your computer, often without your knowledge, while visiting certain sites on the Internet used to identify your computer. On our website, a temporary cookie may be placed on your computer for applications such as webinar registration forms which can be sent electronically. The session cookies are used to facilitate the interaction between you and the fields in the form. The cookies are not used to collect or store information about you and do not track you if you return to our website. The cookie is temporary and will be deleted when you exit your browser. You can prevent cookies from being placed on your computer by accessing your browser’s preferences menu and deleting existing cookies. You will need to decide whether enabling cookies outweigh privacy concerns.
- We strive in each instance to tell people who provide personal information to Acromove the purpose for which the information is collected. At the time of collection, we also strive to tell persons who are asked to provide personal information about the general uses that we will make of that information.
- We tell people who provide personal information about their opportunity to review that information. Acromove allows individuals who provide personal information to review the information and contest its accuracy or completeness.
- We only use or disclose personal information for the specified purposes, or purposes consistent with those purposes, unless we get the consent of the subject of the information, or unless required by law or regulation.
- We use information security safeguards. We take reasonable precautions to protect the personal information collected or maintained by Acromove Inc. against loss, unauthorized access, and illegal use or disclosure. Acromove Inc. uses encryption software to protect the security of individuals’ personal information during transmission of such information through Acromove Inc.’s Website. Such personal information is stored by Acromove Inc. in secure locations. Acromove Inc.’s staff is trained on procedures for the management of personal information, including limitations on the release of information. Access to personal information is limited to those members of Acromove Inc.’s staff whose work requires such access. Confidential information is destroyed according to our records retention schedule. Acromove Inc. conducts periodic reviews to ensure that proper information management policies and procedures are understood and followed.
- Acromove is not liable of any leaks of personal/corporate data that might happen due to Client’s insufficient methods of data sanitization. When our products are returned to us for warranty repair or any other issue, it is the Client’s responsibility to delete any Client data that might be stored on the disc drives of our products. If Acromove Inc. needs to access the IPMI port of the product for system analysis, no private data is exposed through this port. The same is true of the AcroTrace system, which has its own private CAN-Bus network that cannot access, modify, or delete Client data on the disc drive system. Acromove places tamper-evident stickers on our products when leaving our facilities to indicate if they have been breached after leaving our possession.
- Data Encryption. Acromove products do not include any Operating System (OS) or User Application software. We may install these systems at the user’s request and cost. User Applications may contain software to encrypt user data and generate an encryption key. Such encryption keys should never be stored on our servers. Acromove does not have the ability to
change any passwords or encryption keys for software installed on our systems.
- Data Backup. Acromove takes no responsibility for the loss of any Client data due to equipment malfunction or system security breach. It is the Client’s responsibility to have separate backup copies of any data stored on any Acromove product.
Acromove Inc. encourages all individuals to use appropriate safeguards to secure their computers and the information on those computers.